Learn More about Your Home’s Performance and Potential
Thinking about renovating or installing new mechanical systems in your home? Did you know that a Home Energy Assessment by Homesol’s certified building experts can help improve your family’s comfort, increase your home’s energy performance, pinpoint the best ways to save you money & qualify you for incentives?
Atlantic Homeowners: Get a Homesol home energy assessment to help you qualify for rebate incentives or financing to make your home more energy efficient, all for only $99! Find out more and book now >
Propriétaires atlantiques : Pour seulement 99$, obtenez une évaluation énergétique de Homesol afin d’être éligible pour des rabais et des incitatifs, qui vous aideront à maximiser votre économie d’énergie. Renseignez-vous et réservez aujourd’hui! >
Homesol’s Ross Elliott explains the process
Homesol can assess your home from top to bottom, and give you a road map to energy savings with our hassle-free home energy evaluation process
- Book your assessment on-line or by phone
- Confirm home visit date and time
- Provide evaluator with access to the home for 1-2 hours
Ontario Home Energy Assessment – $700 plus HST
- Complete measurement of your building’s thermal envelope
- Checking insulation levels from basement to attic
- Assessing windows & doors
- Testing your home’s air leakage using a calibrated ‘blower door’
- Identifying all significant air leaks
- Evaluating furnace, water heater and ventilation systems
- Energy modeling of current home performance and potential savings from all potential upgrades
- Customized Homeowner Information Sheet, Renovation Upgrade Report and EnerGuide Rating label
- Recommendations for your top energy savings priorities
- Consulting on relevant problem areas and providing solutions
- Sizing for new furnace and air conditioning equipment
- Delivery of electronic report to you within 15 days
Ontario Follow-up Assessment $350 + HST
Return visit to update your energy model and air test results post-retrofit, provide a new airtightness and EnerGuide Rating.
Please note we are no longer participating in the Ontario Enbridge or Union Gas rebate programs, as these are designed to incentivize and promote the continuing use of fracked natural gas with “climate change action” funding. If you are looking for rebates for new gas furnaces and water heaters, please see https://ohecip.ca/en/
Plans Analysis $470 + HST
You provide us with dimensioned sketches, insulated assembly details, and window and mechanical specifications for your new or existing residential building, we’ll run the whole-house energy numbers for you!
Optional F-280-12 room-by-room heat loss / heat gain calculations are also available – $680.
Roadmap to Comfort & Savings
Better for the Environment!
“Just wanted to say thank you to Homesol for doing the energy evaluation on my home and to Stephen for all his efforts. He was very professional. He answered all my questions and explained everything in terms that I could understand, without “talking down” to me. I know I have some work to do on my home, but now I know what to ask for without looking like an idiot or being taken advantage of by an unscrupulous company trying to sell me something I don’t need. Thanks again.” — Homeowner
“Benefits to doing a home energy audit and implementing the recommendations include reducing your annual energy bill by up to 30 per cent.” — Ontario Ministry of Energy