LEED Canada for Homes and Mid-Rise is a third-party green building rating and certification system for residential projects of any size, from custom singles, to entire green neighborhoods, or multi-family condos six stories above grade, and beyond. A complete environmental scorecard for all your buildings!
Recognized internationally by your buyers as the trusted mark of excellence for green building in over 132 countries, LEED focuses on energy efficiency, sustainability and occupant health.
LEED for Homes and Mid-Rise uses eight categories, plus a size adjustment factor, to determine your final score of optional points. The LEED Checklist encourages you to integrate:
- Innovative design
- Location, linkages and site selection
- Lower maintenance landscaping choices
- Water conservation
- Energy efficiency and greenhouse gas reduction
- Minimized construction waste
- Environmentally preferable and local construction materials, and
- Community awareness
Four certification thresholds help you to establish your green building goals and priorities:
- Certified (entry-level green, very easy for any Code-level project to meet)
- Silver (easy for most projects without significant changes)
- Gold (more challenging, better energy efficiency and green measures add to costs)
- Platinum (highest level that only exceptional projects can achieve)
LEED Mid-Rise certification costs substantially less for large multi-family buildings than LEED NC, with significantly reduced documentation and administrative requirements.
Example of a LEED certified home
How Homesol Can Help
Homesol’s unique no-hassle LEED for Homes and Mid-Rise process guides you smoothly through your chosen green building measures, and ensures you have all the information you need to meet your certification targets. We manage all the paperwork for you so you can focus on getting the job done.
For more information on how Homesol can help “leed” your next project to the ideal mix of green building solutions, please give us a call. Homesol will work with your Project Team from preliminary design to final certification to ensure your LEED success. Contact us today.